Online Auto Quotes Available
View our current TV Commercial
Share this site!
Your referral is the greatest compliment.
Glenn Insurance, Inc. is a Trusted Choice Independent Agent with offices in Absecon and Vineland, New Jersey. We have created this site to be your complete insurance resource and to assist you with all of your insurance needs. You will find links to insurance information, free quote requests, online customer service and more.
We are always available to offer you personal, expert help with all of your insurance needs. Please don’t hesitate to call or email us
Time to Winterize!
As the first leaves hit the ground and those fall breezes turn from cool to cold, it’s time to prepare for winter. Whether that means snowstorms and ice or just the heavy chills many experienced in last year’s milder season, experts advise preparing your home for whatever Old Man Winter has in store.
Here are 10 popular winterizing tips:
- Check doors, windows and any exterior opportunities for winter to enter your home. Caulk cracks and replace cracked or broken glass and dried-out or missing weatherstripping and seals.
- Inspect and clean gutters and downspouts.
- Inspect, repair or replace flashing, roof shingles or tiles. If needed, add attic insulation to prevent ice dams along the edge of the roof, which can cause water damage to roofs and ceilings.
- Get the fireplace and furnace ready. Buy or chop firewood and inspect damper and chimney. Have the furnace inspected, clean the ducts, stock up on filters, and inspect or replace the thermostat.
- Inspect, update, or install smoke and carbon monoxide detectors as well as fire extinguishers.
- Protect pipes. Insulate exposed pipes, and drain and close off A/C pipes or exterior hose bibs. If you plan a vacation, be sure to leave heat set at least to 55 degrees.
- Reverse ceiling fans. In the summer, ceiling fans force breezes downward. In winter, reversing the direction of air flow forces the warm air at ceiling height back down along the walls, from where it will rise again, keeping the overall room temperature at a more comfortable level with less need for heating.
- Prepare landscaping and gardens. Trim dead tree limbs or any branches that are hanging so close to the house or electrical wires that they could cause damage when weighted by ice. Bring sensitive plants indoors or move to greenhouse. Seal or repair sidewalks, driveways, patios, and decks.
- Service winter equipment. Is your snowblower ready for action? Do you have snow shovels and ice choppers and adequate bags of sand or ice melt for icy surfaces?
- Assemble an emergency kit. Include first aid supplies, flashlights, candles, lanterns, extra batteries, nonperishable food, and bottled water.
And don’t forget this is a great time of year for a homeowners coverage review with your Trusted Choice® independent insurance agent. Should winter storms cause damage to your home, be certain your current protection is adequate.
Our Life and Health Department has contracted with top providers including AARP, Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield and Mutual of Omaha for Medicare Supplement, Medicare Advantage and Part D Plans. If you are currently enrolled in Medicare or will be enrolling soon, we can assist with plan selection to ensure you get the best Medicare supplemental coverage. For more information, visit our Medicare Supplements page.
Glenn Insurance has been appointed as an agent for Teachers' Insurance Plan of NJ. We are one of only 20 agents in the state to be appointed as agents for this company, which previously only wrote their policies directly - not utilizing local agencies.
Teachers' Insurance Plan of NJ offers automobile insurance at reduced rates to teachers, retired teachers and other school employees. In addition to reduced rates, these policies include roadside assistance and offer $0 deductible for accidents or damage occurring on school property.
If you, a family member, or friend think that you might be eligible, Contact Us for a quote.